Monday, May 11, 2009

Why I love my wife

When Jenn told me she wanted to Climb Mexican Mountain for our 10yr. wedding anniversary I didn't argue and started packing my gear.  Nothing beats a great weekend in the desert.  Mexican Mtn. is a remote mesa in the San Rafael Swell that sits on a large bend in the river between the Black Boxes of the San Rafael River. 
The route requires a little climbing, a little rappelling and allot of steep hiking but well worth the effort. Spending the night on its summit gazing at the stars is an unforgettable experience. 


Crossing the San Rafael river


 Jenn 1/2 way up the route walking beneath the windgate santone

 
 Traversing the slickrock ramps


 Our camp atop the mesa just below the summit


 Enjoying the views


Summit of Mexican Mtn.

4 comments:

Kimberley said...

Creed- I just discovered you blog and must agree that your wife is pretty awesome! Glad you had a great weekend- those are great pictures... now I'm aching to get out of the city!

Unknown said...

Your lucky no one reads your blog, or we might have to delete your last post b/c you gave the name to the place you went. anyway, what part of mexico is mexican mtn in? Chiapas?

Newty said...

Creedo has succumbed to the blogging world!! Now Brian and I don't feel so gay. Looks like good times but the next time you and Jen take a solo trip you may want to look at your pictures before you post them. I don't think Gloria would be pleased to see the bottle of whiskey in the photo of you sitting at the summit!!! I truly do hope that we are done with all the skiing pictures and can now move on to important stuff like kayaking videos. 2 months and the countdown continues.

Unknown said...

Oh cute.