Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mystery solved, Legend continues...



After reading the new article last week that someone had found the remains of Everett Ruess I still had my doubts. Today all doubts were put aside. DNA tests now confirm that the remains were indeed that of Everett Ruess the "patron saint of the red rock wilderness".
I have mixed feelings about this new discovery. Part of me liked the whole mystique about this 20 yr. old vagabond, flippin' the bird at society and heading to the desert to live life how he envisioned and disappearing forever. In the end though I guess its his vision and ideas that intrigue me the most.  Long live NEMO!

"say that i starved, that i was lost and weary 
that i was burned and blinded by the desert sun 
footsore, thirsty, sick with strange diseases, 
lonely and wet and cold, but that i kept my dream! " 




2 comments:

wild bri said...

Hell Yeah, flippin the bird at Society and living the dream. Pretty crazy they found him.

Vanessa Belz said...

Creed! So awesome to see your blog! You look great and ski even better. Shoot me an email so I can get all the goods on what's been going on with you. vanessabelz@gmail.com